Who Should Apply?
While all are welcome to apply, we target Black, Hispanic, and Native American candidates.
All applicants must have:
- Graduated from or be graduating from an accredited, four-year, U.S. college or university, or foreign equivalent.
- Taken the LSAT and plan to attend law school in the U.S. starting in the fall of the year in which they plan to do the internship (e.g., only students starting law school in the fall of 2017 are eligible for the internship program during the summer of 2017).
- A 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA.
International students are not eligible for law internships.
Competitive candidates exhibit:
- A drive to succeed as evidenced by academic achievement, professional experiences, and campus involvement
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- A leadership orientation, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to thrive in team environments
- Professionalism, maturity, and strong communication skills
- Business acumen, attention to detail, and comfort with financial and economic concepts
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
When Should I Apply?
You should apply to the SEO Law Program after you apply to law school. We start reviewing applications in the winter and invite candidates to interview beginning in January. We inform candidates of our decisions in the spring, generally late April.
What is the deadline for applying to the SEO Law Fellowship?
- Applications: accepted between September 15, 2017 and March 5, 2018
- Interviews: scheduled between January and April 2018
- Proof of law school enrollment: due no later than April 30, 2018
- SEO Admissions decisions: made by April 30, 2018
- Program start date: May 20, 2018 – July 27, 2018
Do I need to have been admitted to law school in order to apply to the SEO Law Fellowship?
You do not need to have been admitted to law school at the time you apply to The SEO Law Fellowship program, but you should be applying to law schools at the same time you apply to the Fellowship. Fellows need to provide proof of enrollment prior to acceptance into the Fellowship.
What is the deadline for providing proof of enrollment in law school?
We need to have your proof of enrollment by April 28, 2017. Please note that we must have proof of enrollment before we can make an admission decision.
I don’t plan to enroll in law school by next fall. Can I still participate in the SEO Law Fellowship program?
No, only candidates who are starting law school in the fall immediately after their Fellowship summer are eligible for internships with our law partners.
I haven’t been admitted to any law schools, but I have been waitlisted at a few of them. Am I eligible for the SEO Law Fellowship program?
No, only candidates who can provide proof of enrollment in law school for the fall immediately after their Fellowship summer are eligible for Fellowships with our law partners. Remaining on the waitlist does not constitute proof of enrollment.
How do I submit my law school admission documents?
You only need to submit your law school enrollment form once you have selected your school (proof of your seat deposit). Please select “Law School Information” from the menu after logging into the online application and upload it there.
When should I expect to interview with the SEO Law Fellowship team?
Interviews occur on a rolling basis from January through April. SEO will contact you if you are selected for an interview to schedule a mutually convenient time to interview either in person or via Skype.